Tuesday, September 11, 2007

new subtitle.

i'm quoting myself!

after a weekend in which i felt apart emotionally a bit, and let my anger and broken heart and fear of a life of solitude get to me, i decided that instead of looking to others for answers, i should maybe look to myself. noone knows my last relationship better than i do because i didn't tell anyone what was really going on.

as i plan to move out of this apartment, i am realizing that this past year has been one of the most challenging of my life. i have had two bad living situations, a deeply painful relationship, and have substantially changed my career path, and every step of the process has challenged me in ways that i've never been challenged before.

i've learned that standing up for myself, making changes when i see something isn't working, and not being afraid to change are things that i need to get better at. i need to speak up more often, i need to let go, i need to take chances and not let others' determination or personalities scare or coax me into silence. i can't be afraid of making people angry. i have learned a lot, and as i approach my quarter-century birthday, i know...i know i'm growing up.

this is a good thing, but it's also a difficult one. my life isn't where it's going to be, i've just begun on my way. no need to have a husband, or a set career, or a permanent home.

this is a stop on my journey, not my destination.

No comments: