Sunday, August 12, 2007

i've been gone for awhile

and i've finally come to understand that there was no future in our relationship. he broke up with me on June 28th, the last day of school, and i felt like my life was crumbling around me. a month and a half later, my life is still standing, and i have been, by turns, sad, angry, lonely, relieved, and then sad and angry again.

it's definitely better that we're over. definitely. but bursting into tears randomly, having dreams about having his arms around me, not having anyone else to tell that random things that cross my mind, is hard.

i will not be a laura. i won't. i refuse. i'd rather be lonely and really get over him than stay connected for months. i am making the better choice. the harder choice, but the better one.

i will be the one girl that he will miss.

No comments: